Here comes summer!!! Are you as excited for the warm weather as us? To make your summer experience more pleasant we have a couple new all natural items available:
- ♥ Bug Out to ward off bugs
- ♥ Organic SPF 30 sunscreen to protect you from sunburn
- ♥ Anti-Itchy for Cats or Dogs to keep them from scratching themselves to oblivion
- ♥ Sitting Pretty Balm is an all herbal balms for hemorrhoids
- ♥ Injur-Heal Balm is an all herbal balm for injury recovery
We want to welcome a new member of our team! Her name is Kerry and she is the new voice and face of The Reference Point. We feel very blessed to have Kerry and know all of you will come to appreciate her as well. Come by or call to say hello!
This month we want to focus on your brain. More and more we hear about Alzheimer’s and Dementia, and as we age and our memory weakens it gives rise to concern. Your brain is probably the most important organ in your body as it is responsible for so many functions. To treat our brains with care is paramount to healthy cognitive functioning in our senior years, so let me share some of what I have discovered.
According to Gary Small, MD, director of the UCLA Center on Aging, “the idea that Alzheimer’s is entirely genetic and unpreventable is perhaps the greatest misconception about the disease.” Researchers now know that Alzheimer’s, like heart disease and cancer, develops over decades and can be influenced by lifestyle factors including cholesterol, blood pressure, obesity, depression, education, nutrition, sleep and mental, physical and social activity. Here are some lifestyle tips to keep your brain healthy and strong:
- ♥ Eat well, such as organic non-GMO berries, greens such as spinach, omega-3 fish such as salmon to support brain function.
- ♥ Avoid high fructose corn syrup, trans-fats, chemical additives and preservatives, saturated fat, MSG and artificial sweeteners.
- ♥ Use a water filter on your drinking water to reduce metal and chemical exposure.
- ♥ Avoid aluminum in foil, cookware and deodorant.
- ♥ Avoid drugs and alcohol. An occasional glass of organic wine is high in antioxidants. Binge drinking has been linked to increasing the risk of Alzheimer’s.
- ♥ Studies show caffeine may help fight brain issues, try organic coffee and not if you have insomnia, anxiety, are pregnant or have blood pressure issues.
- ♥ Make sure you are taking adequate levels of vitamin D3.
- ♥ Drinking 16 ounces of juice or eating 2 to 3 apples per day helps your body produce acetylcholine, better known as the memory chemical and has a similar action as Aricept in the body, the drug of choice to treat Alzheimer’s.
- ♥ Drinking a glass of any fruit or vegetable juice three times a week slashed Alzheimer’s odds 76% in Vanderbilt University research, especially blueberry, grape and apple juice.
- ♥ Take good care of your teeth and gums, their health can help predict dementia. Older people with tooth and gum disease score lower on memory and cognition tests per University of Southern California research. Researchers speculate that inflammation in diseased mouths migrates to the brain. Consider having mercury fillings removed by a highly trained dentist and getting non-metal fillings.
- ♥ Avoid infection as new, and very interesting, research may be linking Alzheimer’s to cold sores, gastric ulcers, Lyme disease, pneumonia and the flu. The theory is that infections can trigger excessive beta amyloid which in turn kills brain cells.
- ♥ Avoid head blows at all costs (and if you have any, get them mud packed!)
- ♥ Keep your brain stimulated; learn a new language, learn to play a new instrument, push your brain. Meditation and prayer time have been shown to improve blood flow and cognitive functioning as well. Exercise is also warranted.
- ♥ Do LOTS of research before considering taking a vaccine.
I can also tell you in my own experience that parasite infection increases ammonia levels in the body, and sufferers can experience dementia with elevated ammonia levels. Many a person can have great return of brain function when parasites are killed. For more information see the work of Dr. Hulda Clarke.
So take it upon yourself to take some action and protect your brain. Insurance companies are writing insurance with life expectancies of 120 years in the near future, so you’ll want to stay sharp.
To do our part we offer the following specials through the end of June:
- ♥ Give your brain superfood to help it work at its highest level! We suggest 6 capsules of each Cholestavin and CereVen, and 3 capsules of Deltanol daily. We have created a one month supply “Brain Kit” which includes 3 bottles each Cholestavin and CereVen, and 2 bottles Deltanol. These products would normally cost $ 249.60 if purchased separately, but purchase our kit and save 25% for a price of $ 187.20. Products must be purchased in kit form to receive the discount.
- ♥ Help retrain your brain with Neurofeedback! Receive a discount on the initial assessment and 2-site training sessions. The assessment is usually $185, we’re offering it for $125 (that’s a 32% savings) and if you purchase 10 training sessions you will receive a 10% discount (usually $70 per session, now $63). Contact us today to book your appointment!
Have you checked out our updated services yet? We have created a whole bunch of new programs to meet every need! We are now able to offer mini QRA’s that are narrow focus programs as well as alternate product testing for lower cost programs. We have also created a whole tier of Full QRA Programs with frequent flyer bonuses built in! For those of you on full programs with us, you now can choose the level of program you want to participate in, and the frequency at which you schedule return appointments. When kept consistent, you receive a discount off your QRA testing! This is our way of rewarding our continuing clients for their loyalty and consistency and cost reduce your experience with us! Feel free to contact us to discuss any of our new programs.
Don’t forget to check our calendar for upcoming free seminars as well as a paid workshop being offered by our Cell Power hero Elliot Norbut from Positive Power Nutrition. The True Wellness Diet Workshop will finally give you the tools you need to not only understand why your body handles weight the way it does, but how to manage it successfully for the long term. Don’t miss this opportunity to change your life! For more information, or to register, click here.
Once again we would like to thank you, our valued customers, for your continued support. You are the reason we strive for greatness.Blessings, Anankha & Staff